Tuesday, September 21, 2010

To be like a 2-year-old



Over breakfast this morning we had a few interesting things happen that I thought would make a good blog post, so, here I am.

Noah has had a slight addiction to Cocoa Crispies lately. Well, the cheapo kind that comes in a bag, but "you can't tell the difference," right? Well, at least that's what all cheap mothers say. :) Anyways, he's learning to use silverware, and one of the things he can eat by himself is cereal. It's messy, and we have to change his shirt afterwards, but he's gotta learn somehow. He was eating away, and I realized that he was eating with his left hand. That's not really a shocker, he does lots of stuff with his left hand, but I wanted to "test" him. While he was taking a drink, I flipped the stem of the spoon to the right side. Sure enough, he grabbed the spoon with his right hand and kept eating. He's not quite as controlled with his right hand, but it's pretty close. So, who knows, we might have a lefty, or he might be one of the lucky ones that are ambidextrous. How cool would that be? He'd never have to worry which arm he broke. :)

He keeps eating his beloved cereal, and the cat comes over to snoop around. She typically waits around until he finishes his cereal, and then she always begs for the little bit of leftover milk in the bottom of the bowl. Noah got a spoon full of his cereal, and tried to feed her some of his cereal. :) He's such a good share-er. Well, at least until he has a little brother that wants all his stuff.

The third thing he did this morning made me think "if only we could all be like you." We've got these 2 flies that have been flying around the apartment for the last few days. I'm pretty sure they're ninjas- they never fail to get away from the fly-swatter, and the spray stuff doesn't seem to phase them. It's very frustrating. All that to say that these two flies were buzzing around Noah's head this morning while he was eating. Whenever one would land on his head, which was about every 5 seconds, I'd reach over and swing my hand near his head to get it to go away. He thinks this is just hilarious. Wanna know what's even funnier? When it lands on his ear and he can feel it moving around. I would go insane if they did that to me. Noah on the other hand, just enjoys it. If only I could be more like my 2-year-old. Well, almost 2-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment