Saturday, September 11, 2010

Getting discouraged

This week we haven't had a whole lot of luck in the house hunting department. I found one that I thought could be our house, took Josh to go look at it, and realized that a few important things were missing.

#1- There really wasn't a place to put our dining room table. It was an 1120 square foot house, with no dining room, or even a place to put it in the kitchen. That's not really a problem now, but once kids get older, hopefully we'll be eating at the table more often, and an important element of that whole scenario, is a table.

#2- Nowhere to put a piano, or even a keyboard. Everyone knows that Josh is a musician, but not as many know that I grew up playing the piano, doing competitions, and even thought that I would end up majoring in piano performance. I had a Russian teacher that tried talking me into going to the St. Petersburg Music Conservatory in Russia, or whatever it's called, where she went. Anyways, all that to say, playing the piano used to be a huge part of my life, but since being married (almost 5 years), I haven't really played at all. We just haven't had the space to put a piano. One of the things I'm looking forward to about having a house, is being able to play again, and maybe teach if I can figure out what to do with the little boys. In this house, there's nowhere to put a piano, or even a keyboard, unless we squeezed it into our bedroom, and then it would be just a tad weird to be holed up in my bedroom playing the piano with two little ones running around.

Because of these things, we didn't end up making an offer. It's discouraging because I'm putting so much work into finding us a house, and I just feel like I'm failing over and over again. I know it's not my fault that these houses either are in escrow already, or they just wouldn't work for what we need, but it still feels a lot like failure. So, after a day or so of taking a break from all this, it'll be back to the drawing board. Better luck next time? Hope so.


No comments:

Post a Comment