Friday, October 15, 2010

Packing and sappiness

Today marks the beginning of the whole moving aspect of this. We can see the light at the end of the buying tunnel, so now it's time to jump into the dark abyss that is moving. We're planning on moving into our new house the first week of November (happy birthday to me). I'll be...eight months pregnant on moving day. I was eight months with Noah when we moved the last time. We really have to break this tradition with the next kid. Noah's room is being slightly overtaken by boxes since they're somewhat out of the way in there. I didn't notice the dirty face until AFTER the pictures. By now I'm pretty sure I'm immune to all the gunk that ends up there during the day.



In the process of packing today, I've come across a few interesting things. I found an old wallet of mine, with $20 amidst all the receipts, an old ceramic purple-haired troll, and I also came across a letter I wrote to Josh on our year and nine month "anniversary" when we were "dating." It struck a chord when I read it again. I was 17 at the time, but it amazed me how much is still true now, and how much of what I was looking forward to in the future has happened. I thought I'd be momentarily sappy, and share parts of it-

A year and 9 months- Lots of really good times, and also lots of hard times. We've been thrilled with each other, and also been where it's hard to talk to each other. I know these times will stick around forever. I look forward to both the good ones and the bad ones. The good ones, well, for obvious reasons, and the bad ones because they'll bring us closer. As hard as they are, in the end, it's worth it.

I know I'm not very good at getting out what's in my head, but I'll keep trying. I love you so much...you really don't know how much. I so look forward to living my life with you- being married to you, being the best wife I can possibly be to you. I want to be the mother of your kids. Be with them when they take their first steps, when they have their first day of school, be with them when they're having trouble with their math, when they have their first boyfriend or girlfriend, be with them when they graduate from highschool and then later, be with them when they get married. You'll teach our boys how to love their wives and how to be the best daddies to their kids.

And here were are almost 6 years later- married for almost 5 years, we have a little boy, and another little boy on the way. Definitely had the hard times, with losing our first baby, and also Noah's twin, and the other little things that happen when you live with someone, and also have had plenty of the good times.

Anyways, all done being sappy. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted. :)

Adios!













No comments:

Post a Comment