Thursday, February 11, 2010

A look into my little one's mind

Yesterday was our 4th wedding anniversary, and although we're doing the full on date night tonight, we thought it would just be wrong to not do anything special on the actual day, so our little family went on a little anniversary date to the Doghouse Grill. Doghouse is a local barbecue sports bar that has the most amazing tri-tip sandwiches. None of us were starving, so we got one sandwich and the three of us split it (they're massive sandwiches). We always get an order of their fries too, which is an important element of this story.

I was hungrier than Josh was, so Josh offered to take Noah while I ate my dinner. When Noah was with Daddy, he would eat a couple bites of meat and then Josh would give him a bite of a french fry, and then go back to the meat. Well, soon I was done with what I was going to eat, so I took Noah. I gave him meat. No french fries, just meat. After about 5 minutes of just eating the tri-tip, Noah reached his arms out to Josh which is his way of telling us that he wants to go be with Daddy now. Josh attempted to give him some tri-tip, but he didn't want it. He just pushed our hands away with his little arm. He was however, staring at the fries that Josh was eating. "Maybe he think's you're the only one that will give him fries..." So, Josh offered him some fries. He was more than happy to eat them. A few minutes later, he reached for me. "Maybe he wants meat now..." I offered him some, and sure enough he opened up his little mouth. Just because I was curious, I offered him a fry to see if he would eat it. He pushed my hand away. So, in his little mind, Mommy is the one that gives him his meat, and Daddy is the one that gives him his fries. He's my funny little boy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment