Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Things I Wish Were Around When I Was A Baby


Today I was changing Noah's diaper and as I pulled out the diaper wipe out from the wipe warmer I thought, "Where were the wipe warmers when I was a baby?" There's a whole lot of new stuff out now that I wish would have been around when I was a baby. I don't really remember the cold wipes, but I would think it would be a lot nicer to have warm ones.
There are also chicken pox vaccinations now. I don't understand why babies need to be vaccinated against chicken pox. I got the chicken pox as a kid and I turned out all right. Chicken pox teaches kids self dicipline. Think about it, how much did you want to scratch those things? But no, your mom always said you couldn't. That right there, self dicipline.
Noah's Johnny Jump-Up is also a lot cooler than mine was. Mine was yellow with a kangaroo on it. His is all different colors and has all kinds of toys on it. It's got mirrors and everything. I bet I would have liked mirrors. *pout*

The baby moniter is just about the coolest thing ever. It's got a motion detecter that is so sensitive that it can tell through the matress if he's breathing or not. If he stops breathing for more than 40 seconds it sets off an alarm. I sure do appreciate it, but I imagine life is a lot more interesting for parents who don't have it.

His swing turns into a chair. How cool is that. I want a swing that turns into a chair. I would just be happy with a swing. He better appreciate that chair.

The little one is starting to wake up from his nap so it's time for this momma to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment