Friday, August 5, 2011

Teeth and prayers


These last couple have days have been big ones for the smallest family member. William started crawling about 3 days ago, and then today he had his first tooth break through, with a couple more soon to come, and also started pulling himself up on furniture, which means that today I lowered his crib mattress so that I don't have him trying to jump out of his crib, which I fully expect him to try to do. That kid is in to EVERYTHING. Much more than Noah was at that age. Oh well, a little more incentive for me to keep everything picked up, right? Bleh. He's a fast little booger too. I dropped a teeny tiny little piece of a cracker on the floor yesterday, and he took off across the room to go get it. Thankfully, I got to it before he did. It's so funny to watch him- Noah didn't ever (and still doesn't) want to try something until he's absolutely sure he can do it without too much trouble. William is all gung-ho about everything, which means it's very entertaining for me to watch him.

Noah has recently discovered Veggie Tales. Gone are the days of only wanting to watch Blue's Clues. *happy dance* I don't hate Blue's Clues, but I'm definitely ready to hear something else. He only gets 30 minutes of tv a day, so it's not like I'm hearing it all day long, but still....a little variety is nice! He even has his Veggie Tales music that he listens to. It's SO cute to watch him dance. Last week Josh had his guitar out, so he played some of the Veggie Tales songs, and I sang them to Noah. He danced harder than I've ever seen him dance. It was hard not to break out laughing watching him do his thing. :)

As part of our bedtime routine, we say a bedtime prayer with Noah. Usually Daddy puts Noah to bed, to tonight Daddy was gone, so I did it. Typically we say the whole thing for him, but tonight, I thought I'd see if he could fill in the blanks. It went like this.

Mommy: "Dear Jesus, thank you for..."
Noah: "...Mah-ee..."
Mommy: "...and thank you for..."
Noah: "...Dah-ee..."
Mommy: "...and thank you for..."
Noah: "...I-em (William)..."
Mommy: "...and thank you for..."
Noah: *silence*
Mommy: "...Bob."
Noah: *jumping in quickly* "...Gob. A-men."

I just wanted to squeeze him so hard his eyeballs would pop out. Don't worry, I restrained myself. :)

Now for some pictures. Noah's not wanted his picture taken lately, but William still doesn't know what's going on.

Birthday wishes for Great-Grammy

I love chubby baby feet. (And hands)

Bat Baby!






No comments:

Post a Comment