Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy 8 Months, William!



Today is William's 8 month birthday! It's been a big month for him. He learned how to crawl, pull himself up, cruise, attempt to stand on his own, only to fail miserably, and, he got his first two teeth. He's also (finally) started to consistently sleep through the night. Well, sort of- He wakes up around 6am to eat and then usually gets up between 8 and 9am.



Noah has started to put two words together on his own, and is saying *gasp* FOUR syllables at a time. Oh, and counting. He's very in to counting. He used to be able to count to five, and then all of the sudden he started skipping over four. I don't know why, but we're workin' on it.

We've started a new thing around here with Noah. Every day he gets 30 minutes of Mommy Time, where I don't do anything except for pay attention to him. No multi-tasking, just paying attention to Noah. During Mommy Time, we do whatever he wants to do (within reason), except for watch TV. Today for Mommy Time, we attempted to make Silly Putty. Key word being, "attempted."



One of Noah's favorite things to do is to sit on the counter and help me make whatever I'm making. Especially if it's something he'll have fun with when it's done....or cookies.
What was supposed to be silly-putty-ish turned out to be silly, but not really putty-ish. It did however make an exploding bouncy ball, which might be even better. :) Noah spent the rest of Mommy Time throwing balls at me, that explode upon impact, which is apparently hilarious.




He just looks so grown-up in this last picture. On Saturday I called him "Baby Boy," and he looks at me and says "No."
"You don't want Mommy to call you 'Baby Boy?"
"No."
"Can I call you 'Little Boy?'"
"Yeah."
" Ok, Little Boy."
*runs off to play*

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to call William "Baby Boy" now. *tear*




No comments:

Post a Comment