Friday, January 15, 2010

Thank you Mr!...or Mrs!


So this morning I took Noah to a lab to get some blood tests done before his next dr. appointment next week. I found the building, and then we went on an "adventure" to find the actual suite, since I didn't really know exactly where it was. Or course, I chose the wrong direction to start walking and ended up walking almost the entire way around the building, but that's okay- that's the hazzards of not knowing where you're going.

We went and got him signed in, and then after calling us back, Noah was the perfect little angel. He didn't even cry when he got stuck. He just sat there and watched the whole process. Even the lab tech commented on how good he was. "Almost all kids cry, if they're not trying to kick me or something!"

We left and walked out to the car, and I noticed there was a big piece of wood stuck behind my back wheels. It had little metal pieces sticking out of it, so my first thought was "Oh no, did I pop a tire or something?" and then I thought, "This thing is HUGE. I would have known if I had rolled over this thing." I figured it had just been lying in the road and someone got it out of the way and it just happened to be under my car. So, with Noah still on my hip, I pulled the thing out from under the car....and the car started rolling backwards. "Aw, crap...." I pushed the car back to where it was, and, with Noah still on my hip, got the big ol' honkin' pole thing and shoved it behind the wheels. We then went to unlock the door, and I saw that for some reason when I parked, I forgot to put the emergency brake on. I ALWAYS put the emergency brake on, so I must have been really distracted or something and just plain forgot. I reached in to pull the emergency brake, and then we pulled the pole out and put it in the median next to our parking space.

Then my next quandary- were on earth did this thing come from? Did someone drive by, see my car rolling backwards, and just happened to have this thing in their vehicle? Hmmmmm.... So, Noah and I stood in the parking lot and looked around trying to figure out where this thing came from...then I saw it. And it was so convenient too! In the median beside me was a tree. The mysterious pole was one of these thingies-

So, to whoever it was that saw my car rolling, and was resourceful enough to figure out what would be the perfect thing to stop it, thank you! If I ever see your car rolling, or really anyone's, I'll try to find a stake thing to stop it with. You made my life much easier today, and for that, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment