Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spider Baby!

So I've realized that my mood is considerably changed for the worse when there's a whole bunch of grey days all in a row. I wouldn't go as far as saying it depresses me, but I sure don't want to do anything. I like rainy days every now and then, but this is just bad- it's just grey. No rain or anything to watch and listen to. Just blah. I think it's time for the grey to go away. Hey, I'm a poet and I had no idea.

Noah's walking more now. He's only been crawling after he falls down and goes to use to stand up again, since he doesn't have the whole stand-up-by-himself thing down yet, or when he wants to get somewhere really fast....like to see Daddy when he gets home. :)

I've embarked on a new adventure- I'm sewing an actual piece of clothing for the very first time; from a pattern and everything. I've done quilts, and purses and stuff that I just cut out myself, but I've never made any kind of clothing from a pattern. I've seen my mom do it, but I never really learned how myself. So, it'll be a learning experience. I figured I'd start with something easy and go from there. Hopefully this spring/summer I can make my own dresses and stuff. That'd be awesome. I always have a hard time finding things I really like. Either I like the dress, but hate the fabric, or the reverse. If I can make my own, I can solve that problem. Cheaper and more fun too. :) Geez, a few years ago I wouldn't have even considered wearing dresses. Anyways, that's besides the point. I've really turned into a girl in my old age. Hehe.


Last night I was getting Noah ready for bed and I pulled out some 2T jammies that I'd bought for him awhile ago. They're Spider Man, and they're pretty amazing if I do say so myself. If I were a little boy, they'd be my very favorite. Anyways, I figured they'd be too big for him, but I can't wait for him to wear them, so I thought I'd give it a shot. They fit him. He's getting so big. Pretty soon he'll be running around pretending he's a super hero. My super cute Spider Boy-


That's Daddy's new video game chair he's sitting in. It was Josh's early anniversary/Valentine's Day present from me. Our couches are kinda far away from the tv, so he's been sitting on an ottoman while playing his games, so he asked for a video game chair. I found this thing on Overstock.com. Shipping was only $3. How awesome is that?! Anyways, it's a giant memory foam chair and the thing is pretty dang comfortable. Josh sticks a pillow behind his back and he's all comfy to play his game for a while. I use it to read Noah stories during the day, and Noah loves to play on it. Someday we'll have to take a video of him playing on/around that thing 'cause he laughs and squeals and everything. :)

My anniversary/Valentine's Day present is a pair of the Sketchers Shape-Up shoes. I know....I've turned into a gym rat. I like them for walking, but not so much for running. They make me feel like I'm gonna break my neck when I try to run with them. Not a great feeling. For walking they're great though. I used them last week at the gym for walking on a treadmill with a ridiculous incline, and I could feel a difference. I'll stick to the plain ol' sneakers when I want to run though.

Our anniversary's coming up soon. A whole four years. Wooo-weee! We started "dating" when I was 15, so I was telling Josh the other day that when I'm 30 I'll have been with him for half my life. That's a strange thought. He's gonna have to wait until he's 38 to say that though. :)

Ok, I think I'd better go get some actual work done while my little boy's sleeping. Yay hoo. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment