Friday, October 9, 2009

Toyboxes, Carseats, and Peanut Butter



I'm sitting on the couch right now watching Noah go through his toybox. I'm trying to blog more often because I really do miss writing. I did it all the time in highschool, but not so much anymore.

It's hard to believe that Noah's going to be a year old in only 10 days. It doesn't seem like it's been a whole year already. Some of those nights early on seems like a whole year by themselves, but looking back now, it doesn't seem like it's been that long. Last year at this time I was shopping for the last minute things to get ready for my new baby to come. Given, I thought he'd be here at the end of the month, or even early November, but he had other plans. I remember people stopping me in the stores wanting to know if I was due today or yesterday. I really was gigantic.

We're not planning on doing a whole lot for his birthday. I plan on making him a cake, and we have some presents for him, but we're not making a huge thing of it. I never really understood the point of huge first birthdays. I thought it might be one of those things I understood once I had a kid, but nope, I still don't get it. He'll get to stick his hand in his cake, and then unwrap his presents, most likely play with the wrapping paper for a while, we'll take lots of pictures, and that'll be it. Keep it simple stupid.

We recently turned his car seat around so he faces forward now like a big boy. It really was weird for me the first time he rode in it. It was almost like the first night he spent in his own room- a little milestone that shows that he's growing up. He's also tried peanut butter for the first time this week....another little perk that comes with turning 1. He loves it. He's only had a teeny tiny bit in case he has an allergic reaction, but he loved what he had. He grinned and his little eyebrows shot up the moment he tasted it. It was pretty cute. Takes after his in the peanut butter department. :)

Well, he gotten bored with his toybox and wants Momma so it's time for me to go.




No comments:

Post a Comment