Friday, October 30, 2009

So much for writing more often...

Well, as you can see, but plans to update often went down the tubes.

We took Noah to have his very first pumpkin patch experience a few weeks ago. He was definitely a fan. He loved seeing, and or course touching, all the pumpkins, riding in a wheelbarrow, sitting on the tractor, and best of all, seeing all the animals that this particular pumpkin patch had.






Noah is now officially whole year old. He had quite the busy day on his birthday. We went and had lunch with Daddy at his office and then we went to the park to feed the ducks and have lunch on the grass, and then we went home for a nap. After Daddy got home, bringing our friend Kyle with him, Noah had his very first chocolate and very first cupcake all in one. He then opened his presents, and proceeded to take the tissue paper and shake it in the cat's general direction for the sole purpose of annoying her. He thought it was just hilarious. (Although, so did we.) I think that right there was his favorite part of his birthday.

We also had his 12 month physical. He's a happy healthy little boy. Apparently he's disproportionate though. He's like a little teapot- short and stout. :) He's in the 30th percentile for height, and in the 75th percentile for weight. I think he gets a lot of that weight from all the muscles in his legs. He's like a little ninja turtle. *grin*

He's still not walking, but I think he's starting to build up the courage to give it a shot. He'll stand up for a couple seconds but then turns to me and falls into my arms. Besides that, I don't think he feels the need to walk- he's such a fast little crawler. :)


This week we discovered that there's a lot for Noah and I to do at one of our local malls. We went there intending to stay only about an hour this week. We walked around and looked at all the people, and the fountains, and then I decided that we could have lunch in the food court. I was planning on leaving after that, but then I found a little play area for young kids. They have plenty of places for parents to sit and watch their little ones, so that's what we did. Noah LOVED it. I set him down and he was off to play with all the toys and the other little kids.
He came back every 5-10 minutes to check in, but then he was off again. It was slightly bitter-sweet for me to see my baby go off by himself to play with the others. It was fun to see him so independent, but also a little sad that he isn't as dependent on me as he used to be. I guess I'd better get used to it though since that's my goal- to raise an adult, not to keep him dependent on Josh and I.



Josh and I are doin' just peachy. I'm starting to think about Christmas....I already got Josh his present, which I must say is AMA-ZA-ZING. I'm proud of myself for this one. *grin* I love getting gifts for people. Especially Josh.

In other news, back in July...yeah, July, I set a goal to lose 15lbs by my birthday (Nov. 5), and as of today, I've made it. Yay hoo! Now I'm setting another goal to lose 5lbs by Christmas....unless something happens that would cause me to gain weight instead of lose it. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment