Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My baby boy is growing up

It seems that this week, William has suddenly aged. I think it started with the haircut. I finally broke down and trimmed it up a little. He's needed it cut for the last two months, but I couldn't bring myself to give him his first haircut at only 4 months old. Noah was 14 months when he had his first haircut but William has more hair now that Noah ever did. Poor Noah- he got Momma's hair. Anyways, that's when he started to look just a little older. Then he started sitting up really well. Well enough that I can plop him on the floor, go do something, and he's still sitting. ....and then he started playing. Like, with toys. And my face. Playing with my face is one of his favorite pass times. He'll just sit in his chair, or lie on the floor, and play with stuff. He'll hold his key ring, and go through and look at each of the keys, giving each one a good looking over, and a good chew, or he'll play with the toy cell phone pushing all the buttons. Or the activity table that I brought out of Noah's room. He loves that thing.

After the playing, came the rolling/scooting/trying to crawling to get to the thing to play with. Or thing to chew on. That kid is a very efficient roller. I went to go check on him a few days ago, and he'd pulled his knees up under himself and was rocking back and forth like he was getting ready to take off.

He's into EVERYTHING. I think this one's gonna be a handful once he starts moving around more. He's so curious about everything that could possibly be in his reach (or in his mouth). It's impossible to burp the kid because he's always squirming to try to get something off the table next to us, or trying to get down on the floor, or get his chubby little hands on something on the couch. I can just see it now....William will find something to get into, and call Noah over to see if he can take it apart for him. I think our house better watch out for these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment