Sunday, April 18, 2010

My little Hungry Man

I have to say, this is probably the best surroundings I've had for writing a blog post. I'm out on our porch, on a clear and perfect 73 degree California night, listening to Frank Sinatra, with a cup of tea. The only things missing are lightening bugs. Then it would truly be perfect.

This is just a short post to brag about how my little boy is the best eater in the entire world. At least, I think so. Last night we went out to an "Asian fusion" restaurant with a group from Josh's organization. Honestly, I wasn't too impressed, but there were lots of new things for Noah to try. As soon as the cashew chicken hit the table he was trying to grab the serving spoon to get the first mouthful. I expected him to like that, though. There were also crab egg rolls. I don't do crab. Honestly, I don't think I've ever tried it, but I don't like fish, and crab, shrimp, and lobster just gross me out. I did want Noah to try the crab though so that hopefully he won't grow up with my crustacean phobia. He loved it. As soon as he tried it, he did his sign for "yummy, yummy yummy!" Big fan. Then later on he tried the "spicy shrimp." We had water nearby in case it was too spicy for him. He ate it, but no "yummy yummy yummy!" sign. I'm betting it was the spiciness that made him not do the sign. We'll try again later, and hopefully he'll grow up liking it.

As some of you saw, we had company last week, which means I had a tub of sour cream left over to use up. Chloe wanted it for her baked potatoes, so I bought it for her, but I hardly ever use it. So, I found a recipe for a seasoned chicken with a sherry cream sauce. Sounded good to me, so that's what I made for dinner tonight. Noah really liked it. Sautéed onions and mushrooms and everything. He immediately did his "yummy yummy yummy" sign, and opened his mouth wide for more. I'm so proud of him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment